Building an online presence is critical for growing your business using e-commerce sites, review sites and social networks.
Creating a website for your business can attract new customers and encourage revenue growth.
Your website directly influences how potential customers view your business. The three important setup
- Good domain name- include important words to identify your business – do not be cryptic or clever.
- Design – the design must impress your customers and match what they consider to look good.
- Content – Must be interesting and convincing as well as search engine friendly so your website ranks highly with the likes of Google.
Google is a powerful marketing tool that can help you grow your business.
- There are billions of web searches on Google each month.
- You need to understand how to design your website and write copy that will be found easily by customers searching for your product or services.
- Choose the right words to describe your business
- One in five searches on Google is for a local business or service. People search by typing “city or town + something they want.”
- Use Google+ pages to build a website that is local-friendly. This encourages reviews and ratings.
- Build a relationship with customers through your website. Your website is your “virtual salesperson”. Encourage interaction and comment. This will serve as both advertising and valuable feedback.
Go to Google and sign up for the whole raft of free Google+ resources on offer; blogger, gmail, webmaster tools, adsense, adwords, G+, Google local ….
Then read everything Google provide on their websites to build your online business. If you do then you will be at a big advantage to 99% of people that simply get their knowledge second hand. Information that is often out-of-date and misleading. Always go to the source for your best information. This goes for Google, Twitter, Facebook and any other social media site out there. Google spell it out for you and 99 out of a 100 websites clearly ignore even some of the most basic rules, which is why they languish far down the Google results pages.
Use online marketing methods which must include
- Search engine optimization (SEO),
- Social Media
- Online Advertising,
- Web Analytics
There are three easy ways to get your business on Google and drive customers to your website:
- Organic results
- Local listings
- Search advertising
Find out how to get noticed by potential customers in paid and unpaid search results as well as on local sites and social media to grow your business online. Explore marketing options and figure out which techniques work best for the time and resources you have available to you.
Learn how to get your products and services listed on Google. Promote your business and connect with potential customers by appearing in search results, local listings and paid search results.
Learn The Marketing Language
Before launching an online marketing effort, it’s important to have a grasp on the terms and concepts that make up the language of the trade. Start getting up to speed with a quick glossary of some of the most important words and phrases used when creating and maintaining online marketing campaigns.
The Online Marketing Plan
Learn how to create an online marketing plan to achieve your business goals. Get tips on how to set marketing goals, write a plan of action, and define a marketing budget.
Remember, 1 in 5 searches so spend 20% of your time focussed on local marketing. It will help you reach customers in your area. Develop a strategy for bringing locals through the doors of your business using search engines, social media sites and review sites.
Setup An Adwords Account
Learn how Google’s powerful online advertising tool can help you reach new customers who are searching for products or services like yours. Make sure that you do your maths correctly. And don’t overspend (as many do) on wasteful advertising. You can grow sales and earn more by targeting your ads to relevant customers on the search engines, blogs, websites and mobile devices.
You can manage your business more efficiently with online applications. Use products like Google Apps for Business and other web-based applications for handling tasks like email, document management and file sharing.
Online tools can help you grow and promote your business more effectively. Read all you can about Google Apps for business, including Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Spreadsheets, Google Sites and Google Video.
Here are some additional tools and feature that may help you as you use business products and solutions from Google.
Google Insights for Search
What are the latest search trends? Find out on Google Insights for Search.
Google Keyword Tool
Visit the Keyword Tool to see what people searched for, and get keyword ideas.
AdWords Traffic Estimator
Receive search and cost estimates for your keywords.
Ad Preview Tool
Visit the Ad Preview Tool to see what your ad looks like on Google.
Professional Tool for improving Google ranking.